Thankful.
What a word.
Let me start by saying I am thankful for more than words could ever express. My mother. My grandmother. My kids. My godmother. My second family. My dogs. My father. My life experiences. My fishy.
Let's start with my mother, things haven't always been smooth sailing for us but not a day goes by that I am not thankful for her. She has helped me raise my kids. She has stuck by my side and got me out of some pretty crazy situations. Not to mention she moved 1465 miles to be with us. I love her.
My grandmother. That woman not only helped to raise me but is now helping to raise my boys and again another person that had moved to help me in this journey called life.
My godmother. A mother that has loved me and stayed so close to my life. A woman that doesn't care if I vent and always tells me to never waste my time.
My father. The dearest man I have ever known. The man who has taught me so many things and the man I don't go a day without mourning. I miss him so much but his words always stay with me.
My second family. Shit. Where do I even begin? Do I name the names? No. Cause they know exactly who they are and how much they mean to me. They have been the family I got to choose and who still choose me.
My dogs. I know. Sounds weird but I love my dogs. They show unconditional love and are there even in the strongest of silent moments.
My life experiences. Child birth. Heart break. Healing of my heart. Traveling. Moving. Everything that has made me who I am today.
My kids. My heart walking outside my body. The little tyrants that drive me nuts but I could never love them any less. They have given me a purpose and a reason to live and to fight and be a better person everyday. They give me such an over whelming love and such hope for the future. They make me see such an opportunity to teach them but also be there for when they fail. To kiss ouchies and to mend broken hearts. To listen to them and cheer them on. I can't wait for the future with these two wonderful men.
And now, finally, my fish. Haha. He isn't an actual fish. He is an amazing man that I have had the privilege to meet. He has come into my life and I cannot be happier. He has shown me a love that is so true and has shown me a happiness I never thought possible. He has not only given me his heart but has brought me into a whole new bridge of a second family that I am thankful for. He has came into my children's life and is showing them what a gentleman is. He accepts me for me and understands dating a single mom is a big deal and comes with a lot of strings and it doesn't bother him. He can make me laugh when j don't want to smile. He knows me pretty darn well and he is actually okay with the fact I am not a morning person and that I don't always get dressed up.
Thankful doesn't begin to explain what I feel. Blessed doesn't describe it either. Lucky doesn't either. I don't know what I am but all I know is I am very happy with life and where it is going and everything I have in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment